One of the staples in American households! If you love cheese, macaroni and a little spice, you will love this recipe!
What you will need:
1.5 c. gluten-free elbow macaroni
3 T. butter
2 T. gluten-free flour
½ tsp sea salt
2 c. almond milk, vanilla flavored
½ c. finely chopped, sautéed onions (can use more if you like onions!)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
8-10 oz. (2+ c) sharp Cheddar cheese.
½-1 c. gluten free bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni in boiling, salted water till tender; drain and return to saucepan
- In large saucepan, melt butter; blend in flour, salt and pepper. Add milk; cook and stir till thick and bubbly.
- In small fry pan, sauté onions and garlic till tender (not overcooked)
- Add onions and garlic to sauce; add cheese to sauce and still till blended.
- Add cheese sauce to cooked macaroni and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into 1/5-2 quart casserole and lightly top with gluten-free bread crumbs.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes. Makes about 6 servings.