Rent and Run… What is that?
Now I do not consider myself a “runner” but I do enjoy it from time to time. One of the best things about running is that it is a great time to get lost in your thoughts, or just block them out and turn your brain off. Now, if you are like me, I struggle with this. I get bored. Either my brain goes a million miles an hour, or I have nothing to do. What is the solution? Find activities and work out programs to keep your attention in check! That is where the rent and run comes in. If your lease is coming up or you would like to move somewhere new, this is for you! This is a great way to keep your attention in check, be a little adventurous, and also find the perfect place to live!
So, if this is you, try the rent and run! This is how it works:
- Find a neighborhood (or neighborhoods for multiple runs) that you would consider living in
- Make sure you have either your phone or camera to take photographs of places that are for sale or rent
- Park your car somewhere in the neighborhood and if you run with a phone, place a pin on your map to remember where you left your car (I messed that up a couple times and was lost for hours.. don’t make my mistake… you’re welcome!)
- Set a time frame for how long you want to run
- Start jogging every street!
This process is like grocery shopping for a place to live; running every isle! Go up and down each street and take pictures of the places you like with their contact info.
At the end you will have lots of options to call on, you will know the neighborhood extremely well, you will have knocked out your run for the day, and the best part: you will feel very productive!