Apples, greek yogurt, walnuts and honey… What could be better! This makes a delicious healthy side and can also be a great snack.
What you will need:
½ c. walnut halves
½ c. non-fat yogurt
2 T. light mayonnaise
2 T. minces fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tsp honey
½ lemon, zest finely grated
Freshly ground black pepper
2 large crisp apples such as Gala
2 ribs celery (with leaves), sliced into ½ inch thick pieces (leaves chopped)
½ c. golden raisins
½ lemon, juiced
1 head Boston lettuce, trimmed, washed and dried
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread nuts on baking sheet and toast in oven for 8-10 minutes. Cook and break nuts up into small pieces
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, parsley, honey and lemon zest in large bowl and season generously with pepper.
- Halve, core and cut apples into 3/4inch pieces, leaving skin intact. Add apples, celery and raisins to the bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice; then toss with the dressing. Cover and refrigerate if not serving immediately.
- When ready to serve, toss walnuts into the salad. Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large platter or divide them among 4 salad plates. Place salad on the lettuce and serve.